This No Bake Pumpkin Pie comes together super quick and is flavored with all the classic taste of pumpkin pie, minus all of the hard work! It’s made in a pecan gingersnap crust and topped with a cinnamon whipped cream for pumpkin pie perfection.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie
Who loves all the pumpkin but doesn’t have the oven space for a classic Pumpkin Pie? This No Bake Pumpkin Pie is the perfect solution for wanting all that classic pie to serve for Thanksgiving, but without needing to actually bake it. This pie is sort of a cross between a no-bake cheesecake and a pumpkin pie. It’s baked in a Pecan Gingersnap Crust and topped with cinnamon laced whipped cream and totally loaded with that pumpkin spice goodness. It’s easy to make and super delicious.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- Gingersnap Cookie Crust
- Pumpkin Puree
- Brown Sugar
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
Pie Crust Options
This pie was developed with this Pecan Gingersnap Cookie Crust. It’s the perfect compliment to this no bake style pumpkin pie. Also, it does the crust does not have to be baked (though I do recommend if you can par-bake it, it’s preferred).
How to Make No Bake Pumpkin Pie
Start by making the crumb crust. This post has a lot more information on making one easily. You have the choice of either par-baking the pie crust for 8 minutes in the oven, or you can freeze it to firm it up. My preference is always to par-bake the crust because it makes the crust sturdier and gives it a nice toasted taste. However, if the oven space is limited, go ahead and freeze the crust for 30 minutes before filling.
Next, get started on the filling. This no-bake pie uses cream that has been whipped to stiff peaks to act as the stabilizer, as opposed to using gelatin or egg whites. This is my preferred method to making these types of no-bake pies because it has just the right texture and flavor. To begin, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Stiff peaks are when the you pick up the whisk and the whipped cream holds a stiff peak without moving at all. Once you’ve whipped the cream, remove it from the bowl and set it aside. In the now empty bowl, the other half of the filling needs to be whipped together. Whip the cream cheese and the brown sugar first until it’s completely smooth. Next, add the pumpkin and spices and blend together until fully combined.
Then, the whipped cream and the pumpkin filling will be combined. Start by adding ⅓ of the whipped cream and fold it in with a rubber spatula by hand until it is completely combined. Then, add the remaining whipped cream to the bowl and gently fold it in, being careful not to deflate it. Slow and steady.
Finally, place the pumpkin filling in the prepared pie crust and smooth over the top. The whole thing needs to be chilled, either in the refrigerator, or the freezer to set up. It needs at least 4 hours chilling time, but the overnight method is best.
When ready to serve, make the Tangy Cinnamon Whipped Cream and top it as desired.
HOW TO DECORATE AND GARNISH
This No Bake Pumpkin Pie tastes delicious topped with a tangy cinnamon whipped cream. Though optional, it really adds a nice touch for the end result. The whipped cream has added sour cream to give it that tanginess, but it also makes the cream more stable. It’s great for piping onto the pie for a really elegant look.
Or, you could pile the whipped cream directly on top of the pie and give it a nice swirl. Sprinkle some cinnamon over the top for some contrasting colors.
HOW TO SERVE A NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE
This pie should be served very chilled. It can be made up to 2 days ahead of time, if stored in the refrigerator, or up to 1 month if frozen. Do not top it with the tangy whipped cream until ready to serve.
If serving from the refrigerator, I recommend placing the pie in the freezer for 30 – 60 minutes before serving, though it’s not essential.
To serve from the freezer, let the pie sit at room temperature until it’s easy to cut into it, about 15-30 minutes, depending on how warm your kitchen is.
Looking for more? Check out these other fall pies:
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT BELOW AND TAG @EVERYDAYPIE ON INSTAGRAM IF YOU MADE THIS NO BAKE PUMPKIN PIE OR IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS! HAPPY BAKING!Print
This No Bake Pumpkin Pie comes together quick and is flavored with all the classic taste of pumpkin pie, without all of the work! It’s made in a Pecan Gingersnap Crust and topped with a cinnamon whipped cream for pumpkin pie perfection.
- 1– 9” Pecan Gingersnap Crust, prepared
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) heavy cream
- 6 ounces (170 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Pinch cloves
For Tangy Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- ¾ cup (170 grams) heavy cream
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Prepare Pecan Gingersnap Crust. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese and the brown sugar in the bowl for the electric mixer. Whip on medium speed until completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Beat for an additional minute until fully combined.
- Add ⅓ of the whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture and fold it in with a rubber spatula by hand until it is completely combined.
- Add the remaining whipped cream to the bowl and gently fold it in, being careful not to deflate it.
- Pour the pumpkin filling in the prepared pie crust and smooth over the top.
- Place in the refrigerator to set up. It needs at least 4 hours chilling time, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve make the Tangy Cinnamon Whipped Cream: With an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream, sour cream, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Top the chilled Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon Whipped Cream as desired.
- This pie should be served very chilled. It can be made up to 2 days ahead of time, if stored in the refrigerator, or up to 1 month if frozen. If serving from the refrigerator, I recommend placing the pie in the freezer for 30 – 60 minutes before serving, though it’s not essential. To serve from the freezer, let the pie sit at room temperature until it’s easy to cut into it, about 15-30 minutes, depending on how warm your kitchen is.
Keywords: No Bake Pumpkin Pie