This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie is made up of a chocolate pastry shell, layers of reduced strawberries and fresh strawberries, finished with a chocolate ganache.
Chocolate Strawberry Pie Recipe
This recipe is truly a Chocolate Covered Strawberry in pie form! This pie uses a chocolate pastry shell to bind layers of reduced strawberries, fresh strawberries, and rich chocolate ganache; each bite is like poetry. It's a chocolate and strawberry lover's dream, for sure.
- Chocolate Pie Pastry
How to Make Chocolate Strawberry Pie
- Make the chocolate pastry: Roll out and fully bake chocolate pastry shell, following these instructions.
- Make strawberry reduction: Cook down half the strawberries until they are thick. Transfer to a container and let cool.
- Make the chocolate ganache: Heat the cream and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to fully melt the chocolate. This will ensure the smoothest chocolate.
- Assemble tart: Inside of the baked chocolate pastry, layer the reduced strawberries, half of the chocolate ganache, the fresh strawberries and garnish with additional chocolate ganache on top.
- Chill the pie for at least 1 hour to set up. Pie should be served within a day.
Time Saving Swaps
Want to make this easier with a few swaps? Swap out the chocolate pie crust for a Chocolate Oreo Crust.
You can also skip making the reduced strawberries and instead, and replace them with buying a good quality strawberry preserves.
As with most pies, there are a few steps you need to complete to get to the finished pie. A lot of these components can be broken down into steps and done ahead of time. As always, I encourage you to make the pastry and roll it out ahead of time. The more time you give the gluten to chill out, the better your pie will be.
- Make the Chocolate Pastry up to 3 days ahead of time, or longer if storing the raw pastry in the freezer.
- Roll out the pastry up 1 day ahead of time. Roll out the crust and place in a tart pan.
- Blind bake the pastry. This can be done up to 2 days ahead.
- Make the reduced strawberries up to 5 days ahead of time.
- Make the ganache up to 1 week ahead of time, though you'll have to reheat it before you use it.
- Assemble the pie: The entire pie can be assembled up to 1 day ahead of time.
HOW TO SERVE AND STORE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY PIE
Serve this pie slightly chilled. It can be served as is or with whipped cream.
This pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. If stored longer than that, the fresh strawberries will start to give off some moisture, interfering with the chocolate.
If you like this strawberry pie, check out these others:
MAKE SURE TO TAG @EVERYDAYPIE ON INSTAGRAM OR COMMENT BELOW IF YOU MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY PIE OR IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RECIPE!Print
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. Everyday Pie is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you.