This No Bake Orange Creamsicle Pie comes together quick and is flavored with orange and vanilla and tastes so much better than that creamsicle popsicle of your childhood! This pie works in either a graham crack crust or a sweet pie crust, but if I had to choose I’d pick the sweet pie crust. Use the graham crack crust if you’re looking for an easy choice! This “icebox” pie is best keep chilled as long as possible. It is best served after being chilled in the freezer for about 30 – 60 minutes. You could also just keep it in the freezer right after it’s made, and let it sit at room temperature until it’s ready to slice, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare graham cracker crumb crust or sweet pie crust and chill. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside
- Add to the now empty bowl the cream cheese and the sugar. Beat on medium speed until completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add orange zest, orange extract, vanilla extract and orange marmalade. Beat for an additional minute until fully combined.
- Add ⅓ of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold it in with a rubber spatula by hand until it is completely combined.
- Add the remaining whipped cream to the bowl and gently fold it in, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream.
- Pour the creamsicle filling in the prepared pie crust and smooth over the top.
- Place in the refrigerate to set up. It needs at least 4 hours chilling time, but preferably overnight or 12 hours. Right before serving, place in the freezer for about 30 – 60 minutes for the perfect texture.
- Make sure to use the regular cream cheese (that comes as a block) instead of a whipped cream cheese or a cream cheese spread.
- The entire pie can be stored in the freezer, for up to 1 month after it has set up in the refrigerator. Make sure to wrap it plastic wrap well after an hour of freezing.
Keywords: orange creamsicle pie