If you love hot spinach and artichoke dip, you are going to love this pie! This Spinach Artichoke Quiche is cheesy, warm and so delicious. It’s packed with that classic dip flavor and baked inside of a hearty whole wheat pie crust. Feel free to swap out another pie crust, if desired. There are many options on this site. Make sure you are using room temperature cream cheese for this recipe. It also calls for frozen chopped spinach. Before using it you want to defrost it (you can also just run it under warm water until it’s no longer frozen) and then squeezed in a thin kitchen towel until most of the moisture has been released. Serve this pie warm or at room temperature with a light side salad.
- 1–9″ single Whole Wheat Pie Crust
- 6 ounces (170 grams) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (120 grams) half-and-half
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces (170 grams) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed out
- (1) 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup (80 grams) mozzarella or cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup (50 grams) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Roll out the pie dough to an 11″ circle and line a 9” pie plate, crimp the edges as desired. Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork. Place the pie in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, line the pie dough with a parchment round piece of paper and then add pie weights (or dry rice or beans or lentils), making sure to push pie weights to the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and carefully remove the parchment and pie weights. Return to oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- Turn heat down to 350ºF.
For Filling and Baking:
- Add softened cream cheese to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the cream cheese is smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Add in the half-and-half, eggs and garlic and process until smooth.
- Add in the spinach, artichokes, green onions, cheese, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt and peper. And pulse until fully combined, about 3-5 pulses.
- Transfer the filling to the partially baked crust and smooth over the top.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated 350ºF for 40-45 minutes until the filling is puffy and set.
- Let cool slightly before serving, at least 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: Artichoke Pie, Spinach Artichoke Quiche