This Corn Pie with Hot Pepper and Feta is the ultimate summer savory pie! With sweet summer corn in abundance it’s the perfect brunch or dinner pie. Make it in homemade pie crust, store-bought pie crust or make it crustless by baking it as a casserole in an 8-9″ square or round baking dish!
- 1 pie dough from classic butter, gluten free, or cream cheese pie dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano peppers, either seeded or unseeded, minced
- 3–4 fresh corn cobs, husked, kernels corn cut off (about 3 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Prepare pastry: Line a 9” pie dish fitted with pastry with a parchment round piece of paper and then add pie weights (or dry rice or beans or lentils), making sure to push pie weights to the edges. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and remove the parchment and pie weights. Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to use. Lower the heat to 375º.
- Meanwhile cook corn filling: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and hot pepper and cook for an additional 1 minute. Add in corn and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Add in the feta, scallions and corn filling and mix until combined.
- Pour the filling into the parbaked crust and bake at 375ºF for 30-35 minutes, until the filling is set. If necessary, cover the edge of the crust with foil to prevent from burning. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Want to make this simple? Go ahead and use a store-bought pie crust, just make sure you par-bake the crust as instructed.
- Want to make it crustless? You can make it as a casserole in a roughly 8″ dish. Either a greased round or square baking dish should work. Follow all the directions for making the savory corn filling and baking the pie. Serve alongside a protein or a side salad!
Keywords: fresh corn pie, savory corn pie