This no bake Triple Coconut Cream Pie recipe has elements of coconut in every piece of the pie from the crust, to the coconut pudding and ending with the cream! This pie is for coconut lovers!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1–1/2 cups (6 ounces) graham cracker crumbs (about 11 cookies) (see note about gluten-free)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For Coconut Pudding:
- 28 grams (¼ cup) cornstarch
- 50 grams (½ cup) sugar
- Big pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 14 ounce can coconut milk, chilled, divided
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup fine shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
For Whipped Cream:
- ¼ cup coconut cream (reserved from pudding)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted, for garnish
- Make the Graham Cracker Crust (or Pate Sucree): In a bowl mix together graham cracker ingredients. Pour the crumbs into the pie plate and start pressing the ingredients up the sides of the pie plate to form the edges first. Once the edges are formed work the crumbs down to evenly distribute into the bottom of the pie plate and pack it down into an even layer. Bake in the 350ºF preheated oven for 8 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. Or you can freeze for 30 minutes for a no-bake pie option.
- Make the Pudding: Place a fine-mesh strainer over a medium bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together cornstarch, sugar and salt. Whisk in eggs and yolks until you have a paste. Open coconut can and scoop out ¼ cup of the hard cream on the top and place in the refrigerator to be used for the whipped cream. Then add in remaining coconut milk from the can and the milk and whisk together until it’s fully combined. Use a spatula to get into the crevices of the saucepan to make sure there are no bits of eggs. Turn on the heat to medium and cook the mixture, whisking constantly while the coconut milk melts, and occasionally taking a spatula and scraping up any thickened pudding in the edges of the pan. Cook until the pudding has completely thickened and large bubbles are forming and popping, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; immediately pour through the sieve into bowl, using a spatula to push all the pudding out while leaving behind any cooked egg. Add the shredded coconut, coconut oil and vanilla to the pudding and whisk until combined. Pour the pudding into the prepared pie crust and smooth over the top. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding to prevent skin from forming (or if you don’t care about the thickened crust forming, skip this) and chill the pie for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Make the whipped cream: To the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add reserved coconut cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through for 2 minutes until it is fluffy. Add heavy cream and beat on medium speed until the cream has reached soft stiff peaks, about 2 minutes more.
- Assemble Pie: Remove plastic wrap if using and place whipped cream on top of the pie. Using an offset spatula spread the cream evenly on top of the pie. Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top of the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve, up to 4 hours.
- For Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust: You can substitute gluten-free graham crackers for regular graham crackers, but you should reduce the sugar in the crust from ¼ cup to 2 tablespoons. Gluten free graham crackers tend to be more like a cookie than a cracker.
- Alternatively you could make this pie in a Pate Sucree crust.
Keywords: Coconut Cream Pie, Best Coconut Cream Pie Recipe, No Bake Coconut Cream Pie