When you put together chocolate and peanut butter, you know only good things can come of it! This No-Bake Peanut Butter has a creamy peanut butter filling and an oreo cookie crumb crust all topped with chopped peanut butter cups and drizzled with peanut butter and chocolate sauce. It's basically, the best pie ever.
- 1-Oreo Cookie Crust, prepared
- 1-¼ cups (290 grams) heavy cream
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cup (340 grams) creamy peanut butter (see note)
For Chocolate Sauce:
- ¼ cup (56 grams) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (42 grams) semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) brown sugar
For Peanut Butter sauce:
- ¼ cup (56 grams) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (36 grams) peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons (12 grams) brown sugar
- Peanut butter cups, for garnish
- Prepare Oreo Cookie Crust.
- With an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla in the bowl for the electric mixer. Whip on medium speed until completely smooth, about 2-4 minutes, scraping down the sides halfway through.
- Add the peanut butter and mix together until just combined. Do not overmix. The mixture will be thick.
- Add 1/2 of the previously whipped cream to the peanut butter filling and mix it in to lighten it up. Fold the remaining whipped cream into the peanut butter filling.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared pie crust and smooth over the top.
- Place in the refrigerator to set up. It needs at least 4 hours of chilling time, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, make the sauces. Add brown sugar, heavy cream, chocolate and brown sugar to a small pot. On low heat, whisk together the mixture until it is completely melted and combined. Do not overheat the mixture or it will break. Remove the chocolate sauce from the pan immediately to a bowl to cool slightly. Once cool, transfer it to a piping bag. Then cook the peanut butter sauce in the same manner by gently heating and whisking together heavy cream, peanut butter and brown sugar in a small pot. Set aside to cool, and then transfer to a piping bag.
- Top the chilled pie with cut-up peanut butter cups. Then pipe on chocolate sauce and peanut butter sauce.
Use traditional peanut butter for this recipe, such as Jif or Skippy. Don't use natural peanut butter here as it doesn't work as well and can separate.
If you don't have piping bags, you can use a plastic storage bag. Fill it and simply cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and then you have a simple homemade piping bag. You could also just drizzle it over, but it isn't quite as pretty that way.
This pie should be served very chilled. It can be made up to 2 days ahead of time if stored in the refrigerator, or up to 1 month if frozen. Do not top it with the garnishes until ready to serve.
To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies! You may need to use more sandwich cookie crumbs as sometimes the gluten-free versions have a different texture than traditional and compact more.
Keywords: Peanut Butter Pie