Summertime comfort food at it’s finest, this Peach Cobbler is of the cake variety and is so delicious. Juicy ripe peaches are baked together with a buttery almond-scented cake batter. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream, and it’s the best way to savor summer peaches.
- 5 peaches (about 1½ lb.), peeled (optional), pitted and diced
- 1–1/4 cup (250 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 1–½ cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1–½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1–1/4 cups (285 grams) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- ¾ cup (140 grams) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and set aside a 2-quart 11×7″ baking dish (see notes for alternatives).
- Combine peaches and ¼ cup sugar to a bowl. Let sit while assembling the cobbler batter.
- Add flour, remaining 1 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add in the buttermilk, vanilla and almond extract and stir together until combined.
- Melt butter, and immediately pour into the baking dish. Next pour in the cobbler batter in the middle. Take a knife and swirl the butter around into the batter.
- Scatter the peaches and the juice evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the middle is bubbling and the top is lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes, then serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1. This recipe fits a rough 2-quart baking dish, or roughly 8 cups. This is typically a 7×11″ baking dish. If you didn’t have a 2-quart baking dish, you can bake this in a 9×13, but it will be thinner, and likely cook quicker. So check in on it after 35-40 minutes.
Keywords: Almond Peach Cobbler