- 1–9″ single Pie Crust
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and place the rack in the lower middle part of the oven.
- Place your pastry inside of your pie dish. Take a fork and dock the pie crust all over so that the steam escapes during baking.
- Cut out a parchment paper circle and press it in the pie dish, taking care to push it into the edges of the pastry.
- Add dry rice / beans (see note about pie weights in post) to the parchment, making sure to push the rice all the way to the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and remove the parchment and pie weights. Return the pie crust to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes for a partial blind bake or for 10 minutes for a full blind bake. If you are doing a partial blind bake, look for the pie crust to be fully cooked through, but not very brown. For a full blind bake, look for fully cooked and lightly golden pie crust on the bottom.
Keywords: How to Blind Bake Pie Crust