Homemade Chocolate Pudding is the unsung hero of easy-to-whip-up desserts. It’s made using common kitchen ingredients, takes only about 15 minutes to put together and is ridiculously good.
- 3/4 cup (175 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (30 grams) cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3–1/2 cups (790 grams) whole milk
- 8 ounces (230 grams) chopped dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in egg yolks and milk until fully combined. Add in the chopped chocolate.
- Turn on the heat to medium and cook the mixture, whisking constantly, and occasionally taking a spatula and scraping up any thickened pudding in the edges of the pan. Cook until the pudding has completely thickened and large bubbles are forming and popping, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; immediately pour through a fine mesh strainer into bowl, using a spatula to push all the pudding out while leaving behind any bits of cooked egg.
- Whisk the butter and the extract into the pudding until fully combined.
- Pour the pudding into the serving dish or dishes. Let cool at room temperature before chilling in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Keywords: Homemade Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Pudding