This Cheddar Broccoli Quiche is made up of a handful of simple ingredients and is easy to put together for your next brunch, make-ahead lunch or dinner. You can make it in homemade pie pastry, a store-bought crust or as a crustless quiche. The crust will need to be blind baked to ensure a crisp bottom.
- 1–9″ single spelt pie crust (omit the sugar)
- 16 ounces broccoli (about 3–4 cups), cut into small florets
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup (225 ml) half-and-half or whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (50g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Roll out the pie dough to an 11″ circle and line a 9” pie plate, crimp the edges as desired. Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork. Place the pie in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, line the pie dough with a parchment round piece of paper and then add pie weights (or dry rice or beans or lentils), making sure to push pie weights to the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and carefully remove the parchment and pie weights. Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to use
Make and Bake Filling:
- Lower the heat to 375º.
- Heat 1-2 cups water in a medium pot and add in a steamer basket. Put the broccoli inside and steam, until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer broccoli to a colander, rinse with cool water, and drain. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, dijon, half-and-half, salt, paprika and pepper together in a large bowl. Fold in the steamed broccoli and cheese. Pour the filling into the parbaked crust and bake at 375ºF for 45-55 minutes, until the filling is set and the top of the quiche is puffy nearly throughout. If necessary, cover the edge of the crust with foil to prevent from burning.
- Let cool at least 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Check the body of the post for information on how to make this a crustless broccoli quiche.
Keywords: Broccoli Cheddar Quiche, Broccoli Quiche, Crustless Broccoli Quiche