This Vanilla Wafer Crust recipe is such an easy and delicious crust option! This crust uses store-bought nilla wafers, as well as nuts for a unique twist on this classic crumb crust. It takes less than 5 minutes to put together and can be used for a no-bake pie filling.
- 6 ounces (170 grams) vanilla wafers (about 27 cookies)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces; 55 grams) unsalted nuts (see note), optional
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place vanilla wafers and nuts (if using) in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form.
- Melt butter in a medium pot. Add vanilla wafer crumbs and sugar to the pot and mix together until completely combined.
- Pour the crumbs into the pie plate and start pressing the ingredients up the sides of the pie plate to form the edges first. Once the edges are formed work the crumbs down to evenly distribute into the bottom of the pie plate and pack it down into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. Or you can freeze for 30 minutes for a no-bake pie option.
- A baked Nilla Wafer Crust can be refrigerated and covered for about 3 days, or frozen up to 3 months.
Walnuts, pecans, pistachios and macadamia nuts are all great choices.
If you plan to make a no-bake filling for this pie that is to be served cold, you can skip the steps of par-baking the crust. Read the post for more details.
Keywords: Vanilla Wafer Crust, Nilla Wafer Crust