This Stabilized Whipped Cream is perfectly sweet and will hold it’s shape for a few days! Adding in cream cheese results in the perfect for pies, of course. It’s also a great topping for cakes, cheesecake, cupcakes, and ice cream.
- 2 tablespoons (30g) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1–½ cup (360ml) heavy cream
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whip on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through for 2 minutes until the mixture is fully combined and lightened.
- Add heavy cream and whip on medium speed until the cream has reached soft stiff peaks, about 2 minutes. Keep a close eye though because it will go from perfectly whipped to over-whipped in a matter of seconds.
- Use immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 2 days until read to use.
- Do not overwhip to the point that the cream has gathered all around the whisk attachment, it will change the consistency! If this does accidentally happen, instead of starting over you can add in 1/4 cup of fresh heavy cream and combine it with a spatula by hand.
- Adding cream cheese allows the whipped cream to keep for at least 2 days in the refrigerator. The cream will stay perfectly whipped for longer than 2 days, but it can start to feel a little thick after 2 days so I recommend giving it a quick whisk by hand after that to improve the consistency. It can keep its shape outside of the refrigerator for a few hours, but the longer the whipped cream sits out the softer it gets, of course.
Keywords: Stabilized Whipped Cream