This Pecan Gingersnap Crust recipe is an easy and delicious crust option! It is perfectly spiced and takes less than 5 minutes to put together. You can bake it before filling, or freeze it for a no-bake pie crust option.
- 6 ounces (170 grams) gingersnaps (about 27 cookies)
- ½ cup (2 ounces; 55 grams) unsalted pecans (optional)
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (65 grams) light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly grease the bottom of a 9″ pie plate. (see note)
- Place gingersnaps and pecans (if using) in a food proceesor and process until fine crumbs form.
- Add gingnersnap crumsb to a bowl along with remaining ingredients and combine. Mix together the ingredients.
- Pour the crumbs into the pie plate and start pressing the ingredients up the sides of the pie plate to form the edges first. Once the edges are formed work the crumbs down to evenly distribute into the bottom of the pie plate and pack it down into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. Or you can freeze for 30 minutes for a no-bake pie option.
- A baked gingersnap crust can be refrigerated and covered for about 3 days, or frozen up to 3 months.
- If you plan to make a no-bake filling for this pie that is to be served cold, you can skip the steps of par-baking the crust. Read the post for more details.
Keywords: Gingersnap Crust