- 1–¼ cups all-purpose flour (150 grams)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (55 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed (4 ounces)
- Add the flour, powdered sugar and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add in butter and pulse 5 times.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolk and the cream.
- With the motor running pour in the cream mixture and let process until the dough forms together into a cohesive ball.
- Scrape the dough from the bowl and place in a piece of plastic wrap and form into a disk and wrap tightly.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough out until it stretches to the corner of the plastic wrap to ensure a tight seal.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Dough can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Or frozen for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before ready to use.
- Let the dough sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes for rolling.
- This dough is best rolled between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Please note if you use the scaling button on the recipe it will only scale the amount in cups, not the gram amounts.
Keywords: Pate Sucree