Pâte Sablée is one of the three basic French pastry dough recipes. It’s sweet, crisp, and tender and is most commonly used for sweet tart dough.
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) almond flour
- ⅓ cup (40 grams) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, whisked together
- Add the all-purpose flour, almond flour, powdered sugar and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process for 30 seconds to combine.
- Add in the butter and pulse 5 times.
- With the motor running pour in the egg and let the dough process until the dough forms together into a cohesive ball around the blade.
- Scrape the dough from the bowl and place it in a piece of plastic wrap and form into a disk and wrap tightly.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it stretches to the corner of the plastic wrap to ensure a tight seal.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight, before use.
See the body of the post for tips for working with this dough, including baking it and rolling it out.
Keywords: Pâte Sablée