How to Make Pumpkin Purée
Learn How to Make Pumpkin Purée at home for all your fall baking recipes!
- Author: Kelli Avila
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Cook Time: 01:00
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: about 4 cups
- Category: Tutorial
- Method: Bake
- 2 small (about 5 lbs.) sugar pumpkins or pie pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and place an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the pumpkins. On a sturdy cutting board, secure the pumpkin stem side down. With a sharp knife cut through the pumpkin starting from the bottom then through the stem. If the stem is too big or hard to cut through, cut it off completely.
- Scoop out the pumpkin seeds into a bowl, reserve for another use, or discard.
- Place each pumpkin half cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip the pumpkins cut side up, and bake for another 30 minutes, or until they are fork tender. Once tender, remove from the oven place and briefly let it cool.
- Pour out and discard any accumulated liquid in the pumpkin. Scoop out the pumpkin flesh and place in a food processor or high-speed blender. Purée until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week or store in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: How to Make Pumpkin Purée