How to Freeze Strawberries
Capture the magic of strawberry season all-year long with these instructions on how to freeze strawberries.
- Author: Kelli Avila
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Freezing Time: 04:00
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: As Desired
- Fresh, in-season strawberries
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Wash the strawberries: fill a large bowl with cold water and a few splashes of white vinegar. Swish the strawberries around, then let them sit briefly to let the dirt settle to the bottom. Lift the strawberries out of the water without disturbing any debris from the bottom. Rinse well in a strainer.
- Gently pat the strawberries dry, letting them sit for a bit so the towel soaks up any excess liquid.
- Prepare the strawberries as desired. If freezing them whole, simply remove the core. If freezing them halved or sliced, prepare as desired and dry off any excess liquid on the surface.
- Place the strawberries on a parchment line sheet tray. If cut, place cut side down. Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours
- Once frozen, transfer to long term air tight storage, such as plastic bags. Remove as much air as possible to help prevent ice crystals forming on the berries.
- Frozen strawberries will last 6-12 months in the freezer.
Keywords: How to Freeze Strawberries