This Chocolate Pie Crust is a like a chocolate cookie baked in a pie tin! It’s a chocolate variation on a classic Pâte Sucrée. Perfect for cream pies or custards!
- 1 cup (120) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (28 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 large egg
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add in butter and pulse 7 times.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg.
- With the motor running pour in the egg and let process until the dough forms together into a cohesive ball.
- Scrape the dough from the bowl and place in a piece of plastic wrap and form into a disk and wrap tightly.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough out until it stretches to the corner of the plastic wrap to ensure a tight seal.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- To make gluten-free, substitute in a 1-1 All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour with xantham gum, such as 1-1 King Arthur Flour or Bob’s Red Mill
Keywords: chocolate pie crust, chocolate crust