- 16 ounce bag shredded hash browns, frozen
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly oil a 9" pie dish.
- Pour frozen hash browns into the pie dish, and sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper. Toss lightly to combine and then bake as is, in the lower rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using a spoon, carefully form the pie crust by pushing the potatoes up the sides of the pie plate to form the edges. Then, using a spoon push down the potatoes on the bottom of the pie plate.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fully cooked through.
- The pie crust is now ready to to use in your desired filling. It can sit for 1 day at room temperature, covered, before use.