This Pistachio Pie with Mascarpone features a tangy baked custard with pistachio crumbs inside of a crunch salty pretzel crumb crust. It’s a wonderful blend of flavors and textures and is a show stopping pie to serve for dessert.
- 1 9″ Pretzel Crumb Crust, prepared and par-baked
- 1/2 cup pistachio, plus more for garnish
- 8 ounce mascarpone, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF and prepare 1 batch of Pretzel Crumb Crust
- Place pistachios in a food processor and pulse until they are ground, about 10 pulses.
- In a large bowl add mascarpone and eggs and whisk together until smooth.
- Add sugar, milk and extract and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared Pretzel Crumb Crust and bake for 40 minutes, or until the outer 2” of the pie are set, and the center is barely jiggly.
- Let cool almost completely on a rack before placing in the refrigerator to set overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Garnish the top of the pie with pistachio, and piped whipped cream, if desired and serve cold. Pie will keep for up to 2 days.
- Although the mascarpone is the only ingredient listed as “at room temperature” this pie filling comes together the best if all of the ingredients are as close to room temperature, or at least get the chill off of them. I’d recommend taking the ingredients out of the refrigerator at least an hour because you plan to mix them up together. Though, this step is not absolutely essential.
Keywords: Pistachio Pie